COCKROACHES IN ADELAIDE
There are thirty species of cockroaches associated with humans in Adelaide below are the 2 main pest species of cockroaches.
Cockroaches in Adelaide can range in colour, from black to light tan. They often feed on human and pet food and can leave an offensive odour.
Cockroaches in South Australia can live for a few days up to a month without food, so just because no cockroaches are visible in a home does not mean they are not there. [Here’s what different cockroaches can look like] Approximately 20-48% of homes with no visible sign of cockroaches have detectable cockroach allergens in dust and cockroach eggs may be present in the Adelaide home.
Using a range of cockroach control formulations such as baits, residual insecticides and glue traps the Pest Aid Adelaide Cockroach Control team will have you covered.
ISSUES COCKROACHES CAUSE IN ADELAIDE
- Cockroaches are linked with allergic reactions in humans
- One of the proteins that trigger allergic reactions is tropomyosin,
- Cockroach related allergens are also linked with asthma
- About 60% of asthma patients are also sensitive to cockroach allergens.
- Cockroaches can passively transport microbes on their body surfaces, particularly in environments such as hospitals
- Cockroaches emit an offensive odour